Thursday 29 March 2012

Edup Mini Wifi Dongle 150 Metre Range SO SMALL!

Edup Mini Wifi Dongle - 150 Metre Range

This little product is a real gem. When I say little, I mean little as its about the size of your nail!


It really does work very well and speeds up slightly the network performance and speed of connection to your router. I am currently using a NETGEAR WG111V3 dongle which is great and works fine, but it only gets about 60-70% signal strength most of the time. My router is not far away as its directly below me so not too many obstacles to overcome.

However when I plug this mini wifi dongle into the computer the signal strength seems to stay at around 80-85% which may not seem much difference from before, however when testing the time it took to load a page like Ebay.co.uk, there was a 13% speed increase in the time it took to load the page.

We are talking milliseconds here but it was still an improvement over the Netgear dongle. One problem I had when setting the thing different places around my desk is...I kept loosing it! Even though I am getting on in my years and be an old man soon......hey wait I am only 29 :)....I can never remember where I put it its so small. If you ever loose one do what I did and check your shoe one I was using fell in there and gave me a lovely wake up call the next morning putting them on.

Most of the Chinese suppliers you buy this from will also send you a CD along with the dongle which contains drivers for the dongle. It takes about 10 seconds to install the driver and BAM! hey presto its working straight away. These sell very well on Ebay as the first 4 I ordered where sold out in about 4 hours as a person who lived locally bought all 4 at once which I thought was great, money in the bank woo hoo :). Its lastly compatible with Windows (Certain versions), MAC OS and Linux.

I would highly recommend this product and give it 10 out of 10 as I cannot fault it, it says it is a wifi dongle and does everything a wifi dongle is supposed to do flawlessly, so I have no gripes with it at all.....now where did I put it?

Here is the Technical Details of the dongle below:

Features:
  • 100% Brand New.
  • Weight: 9g
  • Size: 1.8cm x 1.4cm x 0.6cm(approx)
  • Standards: IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g(darft), IEEE 802.11b
  • Frequency range: 2.4-2.4835 GHz
  • Number of channels: 13
  • Transfer method: Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS)
  • Bus Interface: USB
  • Security features: Support 64/128/152 bit WEP data encryption, support for WPA, IEEE 802.1X, TKIP, AES encryption and security mechanisms, etc.
  • Support System: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7(only 32 bit), MAC, Liunx.
  • Note : DO Not Support System :2000/98/ ME/Windows 7(64 bit)
Package Content:
  • 1 x USB Wireless Adapter
  • 1 x Driver Software CD
This item is without retail box.

No comments:

Post a Comment