Friday 27 April 2012

Beatles Box Set from China - Copies or ....just printed in China?

Beatles Box Sets from China - Copies or ....just printed in China?

Hey guys,

Long time no type. I was wondering about why people bad mouth the Beatles box sets of the stereo 16 cd box sets and the mono 10 cd box sets? I looked on Amazon at the many reviews for these products and see complaints about the original and authentic ones being priced way too high, which is all fine and good right? However then you come to the printed in China box sets which are apparantly "illegal copies" as everything it seems to people that comes from China is an illegal copy, is of bad quality and the sticker on the CD of a copy has the inner circle cut out while the original shows a whole label stuck on with no inner circle etc. It started to get on my nerves a bit people both rhyming abou authentic products and copied which kinda confused me so I thought I would vent my opinion here.

The differences between the two are so minor and it all really comes down to just the packaging is different, rather than the audio quality thats contained on the CD. People are comparing things like the original box sets have the albums in order they were released in the set, the smell of the Chinese copied ones stinks of that "ink just printed smell", the cd's inner circle intersects the label when it should be one whole label not split by any other circle, the Chinese copied ones have flaps now and again that aren't glued down etc etc.




The thing that annoys me about these kind of people is that they never seem ot be happy. They have two choices when buying these Beatles box sets. Buy them or just keep quiet is the way I see it. The real one for the 16 cd stereo version about £153 and the mono box set is about £179. The Beatles fans will complain this is too high which they are correct in doing. Most Beatles fans already have these on CD and LP so why buy them again?

Obviously if you see the box sets for about £70 or so brand new, you can probably tell these are from China by the price, so the people order them and then read all the guides to spot fakes and then return them. So whether its an authentic item or so called copy, people are never happy. Some people obviously cannot afford the over £100 for some CD Box Sets that can be bought seperately for way less even on Amazon or Ebay. Basically what you are paying for is the presentation of the box which is very attractive I have to say.


I borrowed out of work an authentic beatles box set a stereo one and a mono before it was sent out to one of our customers and then played my so called copied sets together on the same PC comparing the sound quality and I could not tell which one was which by sound alone. People forget to check the quality of the merchandise first before pointing the finger too quick saying its fake itx crap, you have been ripped off by some scammer. I believe its the record company that rips the person off in the end when you really think about it. People should be able to make their own choices if they want to buy a Chinese version or not, as they can tell simply by the price alone, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work it out.

In the case of authentic Beatles box sets, EMI Records is the only winner here.

Thanks for reading my ramble :D

Henry

12 comments:

  1. You're fucking kidding me. They *are* fake. The booklets have incorrect spelling including the Beatles' names! Return them straight away and get your money back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. for 28 dollars, no thanks I ' ll keep mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here... I paid $34.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I have both the Beatles In Mono and the Beatles 16 CD set in Stereo but I love them too much to give away or bin as I know the music on them frmo the actual artists is very good :) Love my beatles colleciton however if I could afford one day the real box set, I will eventually buy it off Amazon one day.

      Delete
  4. According to me, the fake ones are superior in sound quality! They are also 10 times cheaper than the over-priced "real" copies.

    If you want over-priced crap and pay for the Beatles families new private jets, then buy the "real" copies.

    If you want quality for less money and don't want feed billionaire snobs, then buy the "counterfeits".

    Simple as that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purchased my copies of both the Mono, and Stereo from China. Love them both. I lived through Beatlemania. According to the Beatles it was all about the music, which is the same quality (excellent) sound wise. Album cover quality I would rate a 7 out of 10. No better or worse than a Brazilian import, or third world import. everything for the most part is there. Enjoy the music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the only difference between counterfeit and original is that the government does not make money of the counterfeit. The original pass all government regulations like tax. As to the item itself, sound quality are the same, only the packaging details differ. The original has quality. But for me its the same, with little detail differences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the only difference between counterfeit and original is that the government does not make money of the counterfeit. The original pass all government regulations like tax. As to the item itself, sound quality are the same, only the packaging details differ. The original has quality. But for me its the same, with little detail differences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The person who has created this is obviously saying then that its ok for these peoole in china to rip people in making them think what tbey are purchasing are 100% original authentic items. When the clearly are knocked up bootleged fake copys. What a complete idiot

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was given the mono Beatles CD box set for my birthday by my teen daughters. Since it only cost $38 and was shipped from China, I knew it was going to be counterfeit. The fonts are close but not the original. Many hilarious misspelling on the labels and jackets. Printing quality is not high quality, but the MMT disc jacket has the book banner and the book is included, however, the disc and booklets read Capilal records, not Capitol. The most important aspect is that the sound quality is great! In no way was the box a deception. And I appreciate the thought behind the gift and are totally satisfied.

    ReplyDelete