Sunday 1 April 2012

GPS Logger is working Fully tested and tried, amazing gadget!

Hi guys,

As promised, here are the results of the GPS tracker device, mentioned in the previous post, and how well it performed when I took it for a spin in the car around Northern Ireland.

I got into the car last night, drove to a random starting location (Which was a local garage) and then turned the GPS logger on. I went on a random route and course for about 10 minutes and then stopped in another random place and then drove home to check the results.

Well I must say, this device impressed me a lot! I turned on the device again when I got home and connected via bluetooth to my laptop which has the Blue Soliel software installed on it to pair it with my computer. I then opened up the GPS Tagger program to download the route tracks onto my laptop and activate a route pattern on Google Maps.

As soon as I plugged it in I chose the, "Read Track Data" option, from the software menu and when my laptop connected to the device the single track I had created was sitting there. I double clicked on it and automatically and instantly, Google Maps had way points placed on top of it of where I had been. (A track is created when you turn the device on and then off is a single track).

You can set how often or the frequency you want reading to be taken and mines was set at every 2 seconds, so as you can see the lines shown are very smooth and accurate. I can confirm this was EXACTLY the same route I had taken...no I am not senile yet :), and it was spot on no accuracy problems at all along the way.

I would definitely recommend this device if you own a leaflet distribution company or a parcel delivery company to check where employees had been during the day and if they did indeed try that house they said no one was in.

Definitely a fab piece of software and a great gadget comes highly recommended from myself. The results of the route are below. I could also get the speed at difference points I was going at on a  graph and if you hover over the coloured route line, it will tell you how fast you were going at that time, the time, latitude and longitude.



Its a great device to use for leaflet delivery operations or to keep an eye on someone as to where they have went the day. It could easily be installed or placed inside a car, a motorbike even on a bicycle or just in your pocket, and it will keep a trace of your entire route.

I would definitely recommend this device for sure.

Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment